Are you looking for Havanese puppies in Oklahoma or Havanese breeders in Oklahoma OKC?
If you are getting a new Havanese you are also going to need some additional information regarding proper grooming for your Havanese and Training your puppy with a bell.
Grooming Tips – HERE
Puppy Training Tips – HERE
We have resources on this site plus we commend this Havanese training, which is an online course…its brilliant.
Also there is this specific E-Book on House Training a Havanese Puppy.
Havanese Breeders in Oklahoma
The great people at Gateway Havanese are continually looking to give you the best information that we can. We research and write a lot of articles that help people with their Havanese dogs, and Havanese puppies. We also want to make sure that no matter where you live you can get great information about Havanese breeders and purchasing a havanese puppy.
This article is about Havanese breeders in Oklahoma and Ok City. We also have lots of information about Havanese puppies for sale Oklahoma, and in OKC.
Below is a list of Havanese Breeders in Oklahoma
So we have an ongoing list of Havanese Breeders in Oklahoma, and OKC for you to check out.
- Havanese Breeders in Oklahoma
- Below is a list of Havanese Breeders in Oklahoma
- Havanese Puppies For Sale OK
- Havanese Rescue Oklahoma
Havanese Puppies For Sale OK
Below you will find a list of Havanese breeders located in Oklahoma. Feel free to connect with them to discover what Havanese puppies are for sale in OK today!
Oklahoma City, OK
Patrina + Bruce Odette
Oklahoma City, OK
Phone: Email Only
Oklahoma City, OK
Petite Amour Dog Kennel
How Much Should I Expect to Pay for a Havanese Puppy?
Most of our current research suggests that prices will be from 800-2000 USD depending on the breeder and the puppy quality.
Can a Havanese be left alone During the Day?
Yes, Havanese dogs can be left alone during the day. Just like most dogs, however, you should limit the time alone to somewhere between 6-10 hours depending on your dog and access to water. As a puppy, this amount should be shortened and as an adult dog, you can potentially go a little longer than 8 hours.
Havanese are people dogs though and really feed off of companionship. They should not be considered a stay-at-home for a long time type of dog breed. Check out more information here
What is the Average Life Span of a Havanese?
The Havanese, which is the national dog of Cuba and known for its cheerful temperament and long, silky hair, typically has a lifespan of 12 to 15 years.
However, with proper care, regular veterinary check-ups, and a healthy diet, a Havanese puppy will grow up and become a Havanese dog that can live even longer, approaching or surpassing the upper end of that range. Like all breeds, they can be susceptible to certain health issues, but overall, they are a relatively hardy small breed. Regular exercise, a balanced diet, and preventive veterinary care can help maximize a Havanese dog’s lifespan.
Is The Havanese a Good House Dog?
Yes, the Havanese is considered an excellent house dog for several reasons:
- Size: The Havanese is a small breed, typically weighing between 7 to 13 pounds (3 to 6 kilograms), making it suitable for apartment or house living.
- Temperament: Havanese are known for their friendly, outgoing, and affectionate nature. They generally get along well with children, other dogs, and even cats, making them great family pets.
- Adaptable: They are adaptable to their living situation. Whether you live in a bustling city apartment or a quiet country home, the Havanese can be comfortable as long as it gets enough attention and love from its family.
- Low Exercise Needs: While they are playful and enjoy walks, the Havanese doesn’t require extensive exercise. Indoor play and short walks are usually sufficient to keep them happy and healthy.
- Companionship: Havanese are known for their loyalty and desire to be close to their owners. They are often referred to as “velcro dogs” because they like to stick close to their human’s side.
- Trainability: They are intelligent and eager to please, making them relatively easy to train, though early socialization and consistent training are essential.
- Hypoallergenic Coat: While no breed is entirely hypoallergenic, the Havanese’s long, silky hair is less likely to cause allergic reactions in many individuals compared to breeds that shed more. This coat, however, does require regular grooming to prevent mats and tangles.
- Minimal Shedding: Havanese don’t shed much, which can be an advantage for keeping your house clean and for potential pet owners with allergies.
However, potential Havanese owners should be aware of a few considerations:
- Separation Anxiety: Because they bond closely with their families, Havanese can be prone to separation anxiety if left alone for extended periods.
- Grooming: Their coat requires regular maintenance, including brushing, to prevent matting.
- Training and Socialization: Like all dog breeds, early and consistent training is essential to raise a well-behaved and socialized pet.
The avanese is an excellent house dog, suitable for various living situations and great for families, singles, and seniors alike.
Havanese Rescue Oklahoma
Before we get to the list of Havanese dog breeders in Oklahoma let’s look at the Havanese rescues in the area. Make sure you do your own checking with each rescue to make sure they are not sourcing their puppies or dogs from puppy mills in the area.
Havanesrescue.com may have specific information about the Oklahoma area.
There is also a small animal rescue in Oklahoma called Tiny Tails Small Dog Rescue they only have a Facebook page.
See Also – Havanese in Texas
See Also – Havanese Breeders in Wisconsin
See Also – Havanese Breeders in Illinois
See Also – Havanese Breeders in Florida